Create a progress tracker 🎯
Widgets such as fundraising thermometers are a great motivator as well as a visual way to track progress towards a shared goal.
Having a central place to track progress is the most efficient way to literally get everyone on the same page. If the progress tracker is also visually appealling then success is (almost) guaranteed! 👏
What can you use a progress tracker for?
Fundraising is the obvious example, however, there are also a number of other scenarios where you can use a shared goal tracker: This feature can be used to run various kinds of shared goal activities, such as classroom, “Run to Africa,” competitions or something zany like “Let’s hug week.”
Providing shared goals is a strong motivator for behavioural change and it’s never been this simple to tap into that.
Examples of Keepthescore widgets
We offer a variety of themes to really make your widget “pop” and give a highly professional (or fun) look and feel to your efforts.
These examples below are real widgets from our website. You can create your own in less than 3 minutes! And you don’t even need to register. To see all available themes take a look here.
Automatically update your progress
Once you have created and integrated your progress tracking widget it is easy as child’s play to update it. You do not need to touch the code again – unlike many other solutions out there.
To update you use the admin link to your leaderboard – all integrated widgets will update automatically ✨. All the work is done in a browser. No software needs to be installed at all – it works great on Windows, Mac or Linux.
6 benefits of using an online progress tracker for fundraising
Here are 6 reasons why you absolutely should use a progress widget in your next fundraising campaign:
- It’s great for boosting motivation for your volunteers & supporters especially for fundraisers that last a long time
- Tracks the progress of your fundraiser in a fun and interesting way
- Helps raise awareness about your fundraiser. You can also share a link to the fundraiser on any channel you wish.
- It’s simple: Embedding our widget on your website will literally take 3 minutes.
- It’s visual: Donations progress trackers allow potential donors to see what you’ve raised, how fast you’re getting there and how significant their contribution has been. Our widget allows personalised donations as well as anonymous donations. It can encourage donors to give more by turning the process into a fun game!
- It helps build momentum: Regularly updating your progress widget will animate the team to notice when donations are coming in (and if they’re not) and keeps them going during the middle weeks of a campaign when things tend to slow down.
How do I create a progress tracker?
- First of all you need to go over to Keepthescore.co and create your leaderboard. You can do this without registering or providing an email address. Pretty cool, no?
- Click on the configure button at the top of your leaderboard.
- Add a number in the “Goal Value field”
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Click the “Share” button at the top of your scoreboard.
- Click the copy button next to the embed code.
- Paste the code into your page (e.g. Wordpress, Wix, Square, etc.)
- That’s it!